The University encourages cycling as a mode of transport and is always developing their campuses with bicycle facilities in mind. Parkville now has more than 1800 bicycle spaces on campus, 300 of which are in secure bicycle hubs.
- Bicycle Parking around University - an interactive google map (below) that gives you an idea of bicycle parking around the Parkville Campus.
- Subscribe to one of the University's Secure Bicycle Hubs
- Learn more about the Melbourne Bike Share program, of which there are several stations located around the Parkville and Southbank Campus (see map below).
- Showers and Change Facilities across campus
The University has two bicycle repair stations at Parkville campus (see map below), one at Southbank campus in the main courtyard and one at Burnley campus located outside the student amenities building.
Ride 2 Uni Breakfast
UMSU Bike Co-op
UMSU Environment Department host regular Bike Co-op workshops throughout the semester with a mechanic, volunteers, tools and some parts to help you learn how to fix your own bicycle. Check their events listings on Facebook for more information about the next session.
Please expand sidebar (top left) in map below for a detailed listing of car park access, lockers, and secure hub locations.
A full list of bicycle parking locations is indicated on this downloadable map.
- Bicycle Network Victoria
- Sheldon Brown: handy technical information
- TravelSmart Map for Cyclists - Melbourne City
- Melbourne Bike Share
- Ride the City - Melbourne
Handy phone apps
- RiderLog (iPhone, Android) - records basic details of your trip and send the info to Bicycle Network. Where every bike ride counts towards better bicycle infrastructure.
- SnapSendSolve (iPhone, Android) - report damaged road/pavement, street cleaning, low hanging trees etc. to local council.
- iMapMyFitness (iPhone) - record your route, time etc.
- BikeRepair (iPhone, Android) - diagnose and repair common problems with your bike.