The Strategic Procurement Unit works closely with the Sustainability Unit to develop policies and approaches that drive significant innovations to current procurement practices across University of Melbourne.
Purchasing of Fair Trade products at the University
Sustainable Purchasing of Stationery
The University of Melbourne has appointed Lyreco as an exclusive supplier of the University's stationery needs. Lyreco is a global stationery supplier with an extensive range of products including a range of green products - simply look for the tree symbol throughout the product catalogue.
- Purchasing website: more information about purchasing through Lyreco (University network login required).
Lyreco offset 100% of C02 emissions associated with the manufacture of the goods they distribute.
Details can be found here.
- Carbon Offset Certificate Jan - December 2012
- Carbon Offset Certificate 1st October - 31st December 2011
- Carbon Offest Certificate 1st April - 30th June 2011
- Carbon Offest Certificate 1st Jan - 31st March 2011
Sustainable Purchasing of Office Paper
The success of paper recycling and the environmental benefits that flow from it are partly dependent on strong demand for recycled content products. Purchasing paper and paper products made from recycled paper “closes the loop” on the flow of that material, conserving the resources needed to make it and avoiding the environmental impacts of waste disposal to our landfills.
Evercopy Premium 100% Recycled Paper- preferred standard copy paper from Lyreco
Evercopy Premium is made from 100% recycled fibre and no chlorine bleaching or de-inking is involved during production. More than 50% of the energy consumed during production is of biomas origin. Evercopy is recommended as the preferred recycled paper of those presently available through the University's stationery supplier, Lyreco.
The product code for Everycopy paper is 4969377.
- Purchasing website: more information about purchasing through Lyreco (University network login required)