World Environment Day
Yasuko Miraoka Myer Room
Level 1, Sidney Myer Asia Centre
Flora/Fauna above courtesy UoM System Garden Instagram.
Sustainable Campus is holding an afternoon tea to celebrate World Environment Day on Monday, 5th June, from 2:00pm-2:20pm in the Yasuko Hiraoka Myer Room, Room 106, Level 1 in the Sidney Myer Asia Centre.
This year's WED theme, ‘Connecting People to Nature’, implores us to get outdoors and into nature, to appreciate its beauty and its importance, and to take forward the call to protect the Earth that we share.
The afternoon tea will include:
- Rod Quantock, comedian and enviro activist
- Presentation by UoM wildlife ecologist Dr Kylie Soanes
- Launch of the new Biodiversity Management Plan 2017-2020
- A new biodiversity competition for staff and students
- Viewing of campus wildlife photos captured by the finalists of the GSA's recent Sustainability Photography Competition
This event is supported by Sustainable Campus, the Office for Environmental Programs, and the Graduate Student Association.
Please RSVP for catering purposes here.