Cycling is a sustainable and healthy mode of transport. The University of Melbourne is continuing to improve bicycle facilities across all campuses, with Parkville campus alone home to more than 2000 open access bike parks.
To view locations of bike repair stations, bike parking, showers and change room facilities, and drinking fountains on Parkville campus, view the Cycling@Unimelb Map. You can find out what tools are located at each repair station, facilities of each bathroom and locations of secure bike parking via this map.
The Sustainability Team is working towards mapping cycling facilities at all university campuses.
Tip: save the Cycling@Unimelb Map URL to your phone's home screen for quick and easy access to bicycle facilities on the go.
Bike Repair Stations
Bike repair stations can be found at the following locations.
See the five stations located on Parkville campus by viewing the Cycling@Unimelb Map.
- One station located south of The Hub Building (Building 863)
- One station in the secure bike shed in Building 877 accessible using a registered university student or staff card.
One station is located behind the Student Amenities Building.
Each station has the following tools available for anyone to use:
- tire pump for presta or schrader tire valves
- philips head screwdriver
- flat head screwdriver
- 2 sets of steel core tire levers
- headset/pedal wrench
- 8/10mm cone wrench
- 9/11mm cone wrench
- torx T25
- hex wrench set with 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm and 10mm hex wrenches
Bikes can be docked one of three ways:
- by hanging the bike by the seat
- by hanging the bike by the top tube of the frame
- by inserting one wheel into the wheel chock next to the repair stand. This is useful for those who do not wish to lift their bikes.
Secure bike hubs
Secure bicycle hubs located on Parkville campus offer enclosed bicycle hoops, CCTV and access control to provide you protection and peace of mind.
Hub access is free for all University staff and students, but you will need to sign up to use them. Make sure to indicate which secure bicycle hub you would like to use, as you can only have access to one hub.
Hubs are located at:
- Alan Gilbert (enter via Haymarket Place, off Berkeley Street)
- The Spot (198 Berkeley Street)
- Royal Parade (inside the carpark under the Kenneth Myer building)
- Peter Hall (off Swanston St and Monash Road)
- FVAS (off Royal Parade)
Report a fault
If you find one of our cycling facilities broken or faulty, please contact Campus Services via the details below.
Phone: (03) 8344 0888
Melbourne University Sport alongside the Sustainability Team, Campus Services, host regular Ride2Uni breakfasts for UniMelb cyclists.
At past Ride2Uni events, cyclists have enjoyed free coffee, a light breakfast and help with bike repairs.