EnviroLaw is an online directory that provides easy-to-read summaries of environmental legal requirements that are updated monthly.
Registration to EnviroLaw is available free to University of Melbourne staff and students who need to stay up to date with environmental laws, procedures and compliance in their roles, or to those who are simply interested.
Through the platform, staff can:
- find information about legal obligations on specific topics;
- write and review internal documents such as policies, procedures and work instructions;
- access actual legislation, codes of practice and guidelines in their directory;
- use the systems for the ISO 14001, AS/NZS 4801, or ISO 45001 certifications;
- add legislative information into internal documents;
- perform a gap analysis on internal documentation;
- review the Personal Reminder System;
- check for changes to legislation that may affect University operations;
- register to receive email alerts of legislation changes and advance warning of upcoming changes;
- use the audit checklist;
- find out the definition of legal terms; and,
- contact the Help Desk.
All staff can access the EnviroLaw directory by registering through the University's subscription.
By registering you will receive monthly email updates on environmental legislation.