An A–Z of resources to help staff and students reduce their environmental impact on campus.
The posters below can be downloaded and printed at A3 size (recommended).
- Biodiversity tour of Parkville campus
- Keeping indoor plants alive
- System Garden map
- System Garden page
- System Garden podcasts
- Urban Forest Map
- Wildlife at the System Garden
- Wildversity app
Download the annual digital Sustainability Calendar to view University sustainability events, international sustainability days, University holidays and important dates, and monthly sustainability tips.
Students and members of the public can download the latest PDF version to manually install on their computer as a desktop wallpaper. This will not be updated automatically so check back each month for the latest version.
Staff can access the calendar in two formats;
- Desktop wallpaper format.
- Outlook format that can be viewed alongside your regular Outlook calendar.
Both formats will update automatically at the beginning of each month.
To access the calendar as a staff member, please see the installation instructions below.
Staff will need to be temporarily connected to the University VPN to install the calendar as a desktop wallpaper.
Installing on Windows
- Search for 'Software Center' in the start menu and click to open.
- Search for ‘Sustainability Calendar’ in the search bar. Tick the checkbox once it appears.
- Select ‘Install selected’. Your desktop wallpaper will then update to the new Sustainability Calendar.
Installing on Mac
- Open the 'Self Service' application. Login using your University username and password.
- Use the search bar in the top left corner to search for 'UoM Sustainability Calendar'.
- Select 'Install' and then 'OK'.
Add the Sustainability Calendar on Outlook and you'll be able to view all our upcoming sustainability events alongside your personal calendar.
For Windows users we recommend adding it through Outlook in your browser. Once successfully added it will also appear on any desktop Outlook installations.
Installing on Outlook (through web browser)
- Log in to your University Microsoft Office account.
- Go to Calendar view.
- Click 'add calendar' in the left sidebar.
- Select 'add from directory' on the left.
- Search for '!Sustainability Calendar' and select 'email@example.com'.
- Add to any calendar section. The calendar will display under this section in your sidebar. Select and deselect to view as needed.
For Mac users adding the calendar to your Outlook desktop app is easy.
Installing on Outlook desktop app – Mac
- Select 'open shared calendar' under the 'home' menu.
- Search for '!Sustainability Calendar' and then select 'open'. You can turn on and off your view of the calendar alongside your personal calendar by ticking the check box under your account in the left sidebar.
View locations of University cycling facilities via the Cycling @ UniMelb map, or visit the cycling page for more tips and advice about riding to campus.
Download and print the stickers to remind your colleagues and peers to switch off before they leave the room.
Use these resources to help you organise and run a sustainable event at the University of Melbourne. Visit the our sustainable events page for the full resource list.
- Balloon free pledge
- Bin hire
- Bin warriors
- Choose to Reuse Events Service
- Cleaning services
- Equipment hire
- Sustainable Events Guide
- Sustainable events pledge
- Sustainable events register
- Sustainable travel checklist
Email Signatures and Templates
Please feel free to use the images below to promote Green Impact. Right click and save images to your computer or right click and copy image. Then place via your preferred email software or online email account and resize as necessary. Remember to hotlink the image back to http://sustainablecampus.unimelb.edu.au/greenimpact if possible.
To help you recruit members to your team, we have created all new email templates to help you motivate and influence people to join your team:
- Template 1: team leads to recruit first round of members
- Template 2: team leads to showcase what they have achieved to encourage team members to continue with their green actions and recruit second round of members
Teams and Students
- First Meeting Agenda Template ((DOCX 120.7 KB))
- Team Agreement Template ((DOCX 122.7 KB))
- Green Impact Mentor and Auditor Roles ((PDF 234.8 KB))
- Green Impact Project Assistant Expectations ((PDF 293.0 KB))
- Green Impact Teams Expectations ((PDF 290.3 KB))
Visit maps.unimelb.edu.au for general campus maps.
Urban Forest Map
Reduce and reuse
- Balloon free pledge
Commit to avoiding single-use plastic decorations at your next event.
- Order a Keep Cup or reusable drink bottle
Say no to disposable coffee cups and plastic drink bottles.
- Win a free drink bottle
Complete the sustainability and waste quizzes to receive a free reusable drink bottle.
Join us on a tour to find flora and fauna in unexpected places! Learn how to use the Questagame app to record your sightings.
Virtual sustainability tour
Explore the University's sustainable initiatives, services and infrastructure on a virtual tour of campus.
This tour explores how the Uni taps the energy of the earth and sun, reduces waste, and creates green infrastructure.
A cultural interpretation of the Parkville campus landscape that provides an experience of connection to country which Wurundjeri people continue to have both physically and spiritually.