Volunteer with us
Volunteering is a great way to take action towards sustainability and contribute positively to the University community. Our volunteer opportunities offer students the chance to learn about waste education, promote sustainable habits, make friends, and engage with people across the University on topics around sustainability.
Why become a Sustainability Volunteer?
- Your volunteered hours can count towards Melbourne Plus (recognises your volunteering with a digital credential)
- Score a reference for your resume (if you really impress us with your dedication and enthusiasm)
- Be part of and get recognised in our annual Sustainability Awards Ceremony
- Become an advocate for sustainability while you’re on campus
- Gain skills in promotion, education and engagement and build workplace-ready skills
- Learn more about sustainability topics including waste and biodiversity
- Meet like-minded staff and students on campus
- Make a real difference by directly influencing staff and students to make more sustainable choices
Volunteer with Green Impact
Get involved in our flagship volunteer program to receive training, connect with other students, and work with sustainably-minded staff from across the University.
Sign up to the sustainability volunteers mailing list to be notified when 2023 volunteer positions become available.
Sign up to the volunteering newsletter
If you have an idea for a sustainability project or task you’d like to volunteer your time for, contact the Sustainability team via email, detailing how your idea would benefit the student experience on campus.