We are looking for student volunteers to get involved to gain practical work experience, have fun and to help make positive changes to the University!
Student Opportunities in Green Impact
- Improve your understanding of sustainability and behaviour change
- Develop professional and employability skills
- Improve your CV
- Gain direct workplace experience
- Learn team work and engagement skills
Students can join Green Impact as a Project Assistant and/or a Student Auditor. No technical knowledge is needed for either role and full training will be provided to fit in with any learning or access requirements. All you need is an interest, enthusiasm and commitment!
As a Project Assistant you will:
- Receive training on how to be a successful Project Assistant
- Be assigned to a staff team for the duration of the Green Impact program (March - September)
- Commit a minimum of 30 mins per week to support your team to undertake toolkit actions
Applications for 2020 Project Assistant roles close COB Monday 20 April.
As a Student Auditor you will:
- Participate in 1 full day of auditing in September, including required training
- Complete audits for 1-2 teams and gain skills on the auditing process
We will be accepting applications for Student Auditor roles later in the year.
Green Impact allowed me to work with some of the key drivers behind the University's sustainability movement which was a rewarding and eye-opening experience. It expanded my knowledge on implementing sustainability especially on multiple scales. I really enjoyed working with my team, Bio 21 who wereAuriel Jing Xin Yeap, 2017 and 2018 Project Assistant
not only enthusiastic to learn together, but also from each other. Overall, it was a unique two way learning opportunity I know I can learn more from.
Missed the deadline?
We have plenty of other volunteering opportunities available all throughout the year. Whether you have a little or a lot of time to spare, we have a role for you.