Things to consider when purchasing and designing a banner:
- Design: With longevity in mind – so they don't date rapidly. Order custom or University-branded banners for purchase via the Staff Hub.
- Reuse: Some banners can be recoated / the bases can be reused for another vinyl banner. A variety of branded banners and other items are available via the Event Hire Store.
- Re-home: Let the student union environment department know – may be able to use.
- Up-cycle: Some companies make Urban Totes etc out of the vinyl.
- Recycle: If damaged, the aluminium bases can be placed in Hard Waste Collection (contact Campus Assist). For the vinyl banners please check the Find a PVC Recycler courtesy of Vinyl Council Australia.
- Return: Have you asked the manufacturer if they take back?
Stop – throwing banners into landfill.